On arrival you will be issued with you tank suit and helmet, introduced to your instructor and it's off to the tank track! After being given a briefing on the history and some health and safety on the FV432 tank that you will be using, it's time to sit back and enjoy the passenger ride by your instructor. He will drive you around the track set out on a World War II bombing range. Then you must take your battle positions ready for some target shooting. You will receive tuition on how to use the 40mm air cannon fitted to the turret of the tank and take it in turns to aim and load while shooting at the targets in the field. The big question is who's the best shot?
Now its dads turn to drive! Once you are confident with all the controls for vehicle, you will drive 2 laps of the track. The first is done with the drivers hatch open so you can see where you are going. Then it's into battle position, hatch closed and driving looking through a periscope. Good luck!
- This package is based on one adult/driver and one child/passenger or two adults (only one driver)
- Minimum age - 16 years Adult/Driver - 8 years Child/Passenger
- Duration - 45 mins approx
- Price - £105.00 based on a group of 2
- Availability - Saturdays, Sundays and selected Wednesdays April till October. Selected Saturdays October till April (where the driving section of the activity will be done in the Russian BRDM). For availability on other days/months please telephone the o
- Driving Licence - Not Required
- Extra Passengers - £20.00 per passenger subject to availability (minimum age 8 years, maximum 3 passengers)
- Maximum Height - 6ft 4' / 193cm
- Maximum Weight - 22 stone / 140 kg